GinCo Germany is not in partnerships with TVT only but it’s also in Kisumu, Kibera, Samburu. These four teams meets annually to celebrate their achievements as GinCo family. This year’s meeting was different because the meetings were held two day consecutively .The meeting on 19th January 2017 took place at Jacaranda Africa which was facilitated by Ms Alice Migwi. The teams discussed the following questions in details:
• What are roles of girls in the community?
• How does the roles affect the life of a girl child?
• How the community can improve the life of a girl child?
At the end of this participative discussion all the teams therefore will be able to:
• Understand the challenges the girl child faces in their respective regions.
• Learn from one another through active participatory model.
• Explain traditional lifestyles and practices in their regions.
• Describe factors that contribute to the dropping out of girl child from school.
• Explain how those factors can be controlled.
• Mentor and impact the girl child using different training methodologies.
GinCo Teams attentively listening to the training facilitator at Jacaranda Africa
The following day GinCo team held its annual celebrations at Mchanganyiko in kibera, where the teams gave the updates of 2016 last mile achievements, challenges and also gave the suggestions on the way forward. Mentorship programme was also discussed where the GinCo Germany proposed that they would like the mentorship programme to be standardized for all the teams for proper monitoring and evaluation. The team also celebrated the GinCo five years birthday and promised to work very hard towards making GinCo a big organization in future and more so encouraging the GinCo girls to do their best in school for them to come and give back to the community after their achievements.
GinCo Team posing to cut GinCo five years birthday cake
GinCo four teams posing for a group photo to bid each other farewell as they depart to their respective counties
Therefore TVT officials yearly gets an opportunity to share with other GinCo teams, the successes and challenges of the Last mile programme and as a team comes up with solutions to the challenges.